The Olympics are a time to celebrate the world’s best athletes and their achievements. What if you don’t like sports, though? You can still enjoy watching TV during the games.
In this guide, we’ll explore some of our favourite shows that feature competitions or games.
The Amazing Race
- The Amazing Race is one of the longest-running reality television shows, and it’s still going strong.
The show features teams of two who must travel to different countries, complete tasks and compete in challenges to become champions. Each episode presents a new mystery challenge that will test their abilities as they attempt to solve it.
The first season aired between 2001 and 2002 on CBS. Since then, there have been many more seasons with new contestants each year. All while still keeping the same format as its predecessor, a group of people get eliminated until only one person remains.
- Survivor is a reality show in which contestants compete in challenges and are voted off the island. It first aired on CBS in 2000, and it’s been on for 34 seasons so far; there are currently 11 seasons airing as well.
The show has won many awards over the years, including a Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Reality Competition Program.
Why you should watch it:
- Top Chef is a cooking competition show where contestants compete for the opportunity to cook for a prestigious chef.
- The winner of each season receives $100,000 and a chance to work with that celebrity chef at their restaurant.
- Each episode consists of several challenges that test both the cooks’ abilities and creativity as well as teamwork skills.
- The premise sounds simple enough, but this reality TV show has been around for over ten seasons now because it’s so good.
- You’ll learn about new techniques and styles as well as how these chefs interact with other contestants and maybe even some familiar faces from your own life.
If you’re looking for something new to watch during Olympic coverage this summer (or any other time), Top Chef should be high up on your list because it will definitely keep viewers entertained while they wait anxiously until August 21st rolls around again.
- The Voice is a singing competition that features four judges, who are famous singers. Each contestant is mentored by one of these judges, who also help them develop their own talents and skills as they compete in weekly battles against other contestants.
The winner receives a recording contract with Universal Music Group, which includes two million dollars in prize money; this amounts to about $1 million after taxes are taken out.
The show has been on the air since 2011 and airs on NBC (formerly known as The National Broadcasting Company). It’s been renewed for three more seasons.
Project Runway is a reality show that follows contestants as they compete in challenges to win the title of “America’s Next Top Model”. The winner gets a modeling contract with IMG Models, which will allow them to design and sell their own clothing line on the Home Shopping Network.
Hosted by Heidi Klum, Project Runway has been around since 2004 and is still going strong today.
RuPaul’s Drag Race
RuPaul’s Drag Race is a reality competition show that has been on the air since 2009. It pits drag queens against each other in various challenges, culminating in the winner of America’s Next Drag Superstar.
The show has been on for 10 seasons, and currently features 14 queens competing for their crowns:
- Alexis Michelle (Season 1)
- Bob the Drag Queen (Season 2)
- Carmen Carrera (Season 3)
- Detox (Season 4)
- Bianca Del Rio (Season 5)
- Ginger Minj (Season 6)
- Thorgy Thor(season 7)
America’s Got Talent
- America’s Got Talent is a unique talent show that doesn’t follow the same format as other shows. Instead of judging contestants on their musical skills and performances, AGT judges look for any type of talent that can be showcased during the live shows.
The show is split into two segments:
- The audition round (in which contestants perform in front of celebrity judges)
- And the live rounds (where they compete against each other).
Auditions take place throughout cities across America. If you want your chance at being on AGT, it’s best to get tickets ahead of time.
TV shows that feature competitions or games can be fun to watch during the Olympics.
If you’re looking for a way to watch TV during the Olympics, there are many great programs that feature competitions or games. This is one of those times when it’s easier than ever before to find something interesting on your screen.
There are so many shows that focus on these kinds of events and activities from sports competitions to music festivals that it can be hard not to find something entertaining.
The Olympics are a fascinating and exciting event to watch on Hurawatch. You can watch sports on TV, or even better yet. There are lots of ways to get involved with these games that won’t require leaving your couch.
Whether it’s watching live action or cheering from home, there is no shortage of things that you can do while following along with these events.