Flowers enchant us with their lovely scent and striking beauty, but many flowers have hidden characteristics. For thousands of years, flowers and plants have been used medicinally. Some flowers, like the lotus, are religious or historical in nature. Many flowers have unique characteristics or forms. Dive into the fascinating world of flower-lore and rediscover your love for these plants. Bnbflowers offers wide variety of flowers for every occasion be it birthdays, anniversaries, sympathy, gratitude or appreciation. Flower bouquets and flower arrangements at amazing deals. We never compromise with the quality of flowers as delivering emotions is our vision.
Here are some interesting facts:
- Apples, raspberries, cherries, peaches, plums, nectarines, pears, and almonds are all related to roses.
- In the 1600s, tulip bulbs were more valuable than gold in Holland.
- To ward off evil spirits, ancient civilizations burned aster leaves.
- Tulip bulbs can be used in place of onions in a recipe.
- Chrysanthemums are associated with funerals and are considered unlucky in Malta.
- Saffron, a very expensive spice, is derived from a type of crocus flower.
7.The titan arums produces flowers that are 10 feet high and 3 feet wide, making it the world’s largest flower. The flowers, which smell like decaying flesh and are also known as corpse flowers, are pictured above. Un cola’s Flickr photo is licenced under a Creative Commons licence.
- California produces nearly 60% of the fresh-cut flowers grown in the United States.
- When Vikings invaded Scotland hundreds of years ago, they were slowed by patches of wild thistle, giving the Scots time to flee. As a result, the wild thistle was designated as Scotland’s national flower. Send flower to gurgaon and grab amazing deals
11.The blossom, Archaefructus sinensis, resembles a water lily and bloomed around 125 million years ago.
- Historically, bluebell flower juice was used to make glue.
- Foxglove is an old English name derived from the belief that foxes would sneak up on prey by slipping their feet into the plant’s leaves.
- Dandelions may appear to be weeds, but their flowers and leaves are high in vitamins A and C, iron, calcium, and potassium. One cup of dandelion greens contains between 7,000 and 13,000 I.U. of vitamin A.
- Marsh marigold flower buds are pickled as a substitute for capers.
- Sunflowers move throughout the day in response to this.
- Moon flowers only bloom at night and close during the day.
- Flowering nicotiana is related to tobacco, which is used to make cigarettes.
19.On humid, warm nights, gas plants emit a clear gas. A lit match is said to be able to ignite this gas.
- Mormon pioneers subsisted on the roots of the Sego Lily Plant when they arrived in the Salt Lake Valley. Utah’s state flower is this plant.
- Arrowroot is a cornstarch-like powder derived from the plant Marantha arundinacea, which is native to India. Indigenous peoples used it to extract toxins from a poisoned arrow wound. It is now used to thicken pies and jellies.
- Angelica has been used for hundreds of years in Europe to treat everything from the bubonic plague to indigestion. It was thought to keep evil spirits at bay.
- Blue cohosh, also known as squaw root or papoose root, was used by Native American women to facilitate childbirth and labour.
- Read More:- Birthday Flowers for office Workers
Hence these were some of the amazing flowers facts which make them unique in there own way. Send flower to gurgaon to your loved ones and make them feel more special.