Should you would like to get a high speed internet connection for the workplace or house, then there’s absolutely no device greater than doing Linksys RE6400 setup. But like every other device, Linksys RE6400 extender can also encounter technical issues. Among the most recurrent problems that consumers can encounter is the issue of why Linksys RE6400 extender keeps disconnecting.
If you’re also facing a similar scenario, then here are a few troubleshooting techniques which you may utilize. Mentioned below is your listing of alternatives which you could try out to repair the issue of Linksys RE6400 Wi-Fi extender keeps on disconnecting.
Problems That can Lead to the Issue of Wi-Fi Keeps on Disconnecting?
Before going ahead with the answers which may help you fix the issue, let’s talk about the motives that may result in this issue.
- Incomplete Linksys extender setup
- Wrong positioning of Linksys RE6400 extender
- Getting attached with the incorrect wireless network
With no additional delay, let’s talk about the answers that could correct this issue. Mentioned here is your list of alternatives Which You Can try out to fix the extender disconnection Issue
Once the gadget becomes installed, it gives a brand new extended wireless community. This system has a name distinct from the preceding system. There’s a really large likelihood that you’ve connected all of the device to the preceding community rather than the new one. For this reason, you need to ensure to join all of your Wi-Fi device to the new network that is extended.
You may keep tabs on most of the devices which are attached to a wireless repeater on the admin dash by inputting the http://extender.linksys.com. Each of the devices that are connected to a system will appear in the list of devices that are connected.
Reposition Your Own Wireless Repeater
1. The placement of your wireless extender is contingent upon where you maintain your Linksys RE6400 extender. To be able to find the best results, maintain your Wi-Fi extender at the next positions.
2. You could also put your wireless extender from ceiling fans, mirrors, eyeglasses, fish tanks and concrete walls.
3. On your workplace or house’s central place.
4. Close into an AC electrical outlet.
5. If you are going to maintain your wireless extender in these types of places, then you won’t encounter any loopholes in the Wi-Fi sign. Further, it is going to assist you in solving the issue of how Wi-Fi extender keeps disconnecting.
6. Occasionally, these enormous technical issues have solved by doing a simple power cycle.
You can also try these methods on other Linksys extender models, but its always good to concern an expert before performing any kind of troubleshooting.
#1: Try to Disable Extender’s Firewall
It’s recommended to disable the firewall.
To disable the firewall on the RE6400 WiFi range extender, visit Linksys RE6400 setup web page. After that, tap on the ‘Firewall’ menu, uncheck the firewall option, and then hit on the ‘Apply’ button.
#2: Start With Your Home WiFi Router
#3: Set Up Your Linksys Extender Correctly
#4: Check Your WiFi Router LEDs
#5: Try to Update your Linksys Extender Firmware
Below are the measures you have to do as a way to power cycle your Linksys RE6400 wireless extender.
Disconnect all of the cables out of it.
Wait patiently for Some Time.
Then, reconnect your own Wi-Fi range extender to the electricity supply.
Once you’re finished performing all of the steps, see whether the disconnection problem is solved or not. If the issue gets fixed, then terrific.
In case none of the above techniques work, then you want to ensure your Wi-Fi extender is operating on the most recent firmware. If not, then perhaps that’s why you are experiencing connectivity issues. In the event you locate your extender device isn’t running on the most recent firmware, then upgrade the firmware immediately. You should also update the router’s firmware via http //myrouter.local.
Thus, previously were a few techniques which you may try out to repair the issue of Linksys RE6400 extender keeps disconnecting.